Facts You Should Know About Lead in Your Drinking Water

You can consult a variety of sources for additional information. Your family doctor or pediatrician can perform a blood test for lead and provide you with information about the health effects of lead. State and local government agencies that can be contacted include:

  1. Two Rivers Water & Light at 793-5550 can provide you with information about your community's water supply, and a list of local laboratories that have been certified by EPA for testing water quality;
  2. The Two Rivers Inspections Department at 793-5566 can provide you with information about building permit records that should contain the names of plumbing contractors that plumbed your home; and
  3. The Department of Health and Social Services -Bureau of Public Health at (608) 266-7480 or the Manitowoc County Public Health Nursing Service at 683-4155 can provide you with information about the health effects of lead and how you can have your child's blood tested.

State approved laboratories in your area that you can call to have your water tested for lead:

  • Cardinal Environmental Sheboygan, Wisconsin 920-450-2500
  • Badger Lab & Engineering 501 W. Bell Street Neenah, Wisconsin 1-800-776-7196
  • Northern Lake Service Crandon, Wisconsin 715-478 -2777
  • Wis. State Laboratory of Hygiene Madison, Wisconsin 608-262-8062
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency & Two Rivers Water & Light
March 2003